Disqus Shortname

Comments System

Gordon College (Rawalpindi)

Government Gordon College, Rawalpindi was established as a school in 1893.Gordon's college year is made up of yearly system: in which the examination are held once every year. Enrollment at Gordon College is in thousands of students, with around hundreds living on campus. The college campus has many buildings, which includes a large stadium (used for hockey, football and cricket), basketball court, tennis courts, and badminton court. The college also has a large and historic auditorium.

At the time Gordon College was built, it was outside the city area but with growing population, this college is now surrounded by commercial and official buildings. It is a mix of old and new style buildings and has lost some of its academic acclaim in its years since it became a state institution.

It has a long history and one professor and principal who best represent that history. Dr Ralph Randles Stewart joined the Gordon College, Rawalpindi in 1911 to teach elementary Botany and Zoology to pre-medical students. He served as Professor in Botany (1917-1960) and Principal of Gordon College, Rawalpindi from 1934-1954.

List of Famous Alumni

Statesmen:

  • Shaukat Aziz, Prime Minister of Pakistan.
  • Chaudhry Muhammad Sultan, Former Prime Minister of Azad Kashmir
  • Sardar Sikandar Hayat Khan, Former Prime Minister of Azad Kashmir
  • Sultan M Chaudhry, Former Prime Minister, Azad Kashmir
  • Malik Wasim Abbas newscaster ATV Islamabad
  • Haji M. Nawaz Khokhar, Former Deputy Speaker of the National Assembly of Pakistan

Showbiz:

  • Rahat Kazmi
  • Saira Kazmi (W/O Rahat Kazmi)

Post a Comment

8 Comments

  1. Development of Gordon College Website

    Hi. I am lecturer in Physics Dept. Govt. Gordon College. I am proud to be a Gordonian as well. Nowadays I am working on a project of developing a state of an art college website. I have a big collection of old photos (as old as late 19th century), books, college magazines, alumni, and faculty details. Besides putting this valuable information over the website, my ultimate aim is to reunite the Gordonians on an alumni forum. In this regard, cooperation from your site is also needed. Please send as much possible information as you can, along with your contact information. Also motivate others for the cooperation.

    Regards,

    Amad-ud-din Raja
    Phy Dept. Govt. Gordon College
    Rawalpidi, Pakistan.
    amaduddinraja@gmail.com
    +92-346-4689296

    ReplyDelete
  2. Development of Gordon College Website

    Hi. I am lecturer in Physics Dept. Govt. Gordon College. I am proud to be a Gordonian as well. Nowadays I am working on a project of developing a state of an art college website. I have a big collection of old photos (as old as late 19th century), books, college magazines, alumni, and faculty details. Besides putting this valuable information over the website, my ultimate aim is to reunite the Gordonians on an alumni forum. In this regard, cooperation from your site is also needed. Please send as much possible information as you can, along with your contact information. Also motivate others for the cooperation.

    Regards,

    Amad-ud-din Raja
    Phy Dept. Govt. Gordon College
    Rawalpidi, Pakistan.
    amaduddinraja@gmail.com
    +92-346-4689296

    ReplyDelete
  3. My contact number has been changed. My new number is +92-333-5021122

    Regards,

    Amad-ud-din Raja
    Phy Dept. Govt. Gordon College
    Rawalpidi, Pakistan.
    amaduddinraja@gmail.com
    +92-333-5021122

    ReplyDelete
  4. meetingbyfrom DR RRSTEWART-PRINCIPAL personally.My birth place is SUKHO, we were settled at guru NANAKPURA Rawalpindi.In 3rd year-BSc-class,we had to migrate to East Punjab not knowing that we are leaving for good.It was un-humanitarian-unprecedented division of the Indian sub-continent .No body can keep Punjab divided for ever.I was born at SUKHO,I had schooling at Karachi, Quetta & Cantt Board School Lalkurti&Dennys School. Rawalindi.I am 84-we had to suffer/struggle a lot.I have great emotional feelings for the well-being of the people of the land of my birth.We respect their faith.I
    dont know if Gordon College has been taken over by Govt. now.
    Kulwant singh rekhi 6586,Mary Street ,Niagara Falls,CANADA
    905 357 5539

    ReplyDelete
  5. The days which i spent in gordon college aer v precious to me. please develop a website for gordon college to share the memories of precious days we spent in gordon college.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am very desperately waiting for alumni association of Gordon College Rawalpindi. It will be my pleasure if it is done so that I can locate/find my lost friends. Please inform me at my e-mail address whenever it is done.
    Naeem Ahamad
    Manager-Civil
    POFs Wah
    Roll No 292/1977
    E- Mail address: - naeemahmad1961@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Naeem Ahamad
    Manager-Civil POFs Wah
    I am very desperately waiting for alumni association of Gordon College Rawalpindi. It will be my pleasure if it is done so that I can locate/find my lost friends. Please inform me at my e-mail address whenever it is done. Roll No 292/1977 E- Mail address: - naeemahmad1961@yahoo.com
    Mobile No. 0300-5050881

    ReplyDelete
  8. http://www.gordonians.org/

    ReplyDelete

Disqus Shortname

Comments system